Friday, December 14, 2012

Breathing Easier

I have a client that I've been working with for 2 months.  They have been looking for a house though for 9 months total now.  They were getting to the point where they were thinking maybe they should stop looking.  I have put in a total of 5 offers for them and until today all of them had been turned down.  Usually because someone else offered to pay with cash.

Today their offer was accepted and we hope to close by the end of January.  To say they are happy is an understatement.  They are still guarded in their excitement, and rightly so considering all they've been through, but it's still nice to know they have attained a step they haven't before.

I got into real estate because we needed the money, but part of the reason I chose real estate rather than something else was because I wanted to be able to help people.  It's so rewarding to see the happy faces of a new home buyer.  And I hope next month they will be among them.

Some of my friends and family are aware that yesterday was a bit of a rough day for me.  That was because I had a deal close.  You would think that would be a good thing, but some documents surfaced at the last minute that surprised me and my buyers and made things a bit dicey to say the least.  The deal is closed and I think things are ok (I haven't heard anything today to the contrary anyway).

The deal closing yesterday and my clients having an offer accepted is certainly making today a much more relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment