Saturday, December 8, 2012

Over Analyzing

I'm not sure if it's a result of my type A personality, but I tend to over analyze.  Especially when things don't go the way I think they should.  I wonder if I could have changed things.  If I caused the issue.  Whatever the case, it's left me a bit sleep deprived lately.  I'm finding it hard to fall asleep and then when some strange noise wakes me up in the middle of the night I start thinking about it again, thus making it hard to fall back asleep.

Do any of you find yourself in similar situations?  If so, what have you found that helps you stop analyzing and get on with life?

2 comments:

  1. I am a total over analyzer. I find that yoga helps me with this. Also, if I can't sleep because of it, I will sometimes pop my earbuds in and listen to a CD of classical music or if it's especially bad, an audiobook I've listened to a zillion times. The words of the narrator help block out my thoughts and I can drift off to the sound of the talking. Eventually in my sleep, I pull the earbuds out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens to me all the time. I try to focus on Jesus and talk to Him through prayer. He knows what's up and most often gives me the peace I need to (re)enter His rest.

    ReplyDelete