Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Hilly Ride

Today's day has looked something like this to me

UP:  The kids had a field trip to make pizza's at a local pizza shop.  I was able to go, but had to leave a little early because I had a closing.  Yep.  I officially sold another home!

DOWN: After that I had to race over to a house to be there for an inspection.  Until I got into the house I wasn't sure it had power (when I checked it yesterday it didn't). 

UP:  Thankfully the power and water were both working. 

DOWN: Unfortunately, the gas was turned off so the water heater, stove and ovens couldn't be tested. 

UP:  Good news... the buyers were planning on replacing those things anyway so not a big deal.

DOWN:  Had a client who was scheduled to see one property decide while we were there that he wanted to see another.

UP:  Although the property was occupied we were able to get in with only 30 minutes notice.

DOWN: Starting after the kids field trip, I found out one of my buyers wants to back out of a deal.  I'm not sure why and I tried finding out all day.  It may be something I said was misunderstood, it may be that their expectations of how a short sale process works was not what they expected, or it may be buyers remorse... I'm not sure because I've not been able to get them to say anything that makes sense to me.  Whatever the case, multiple people have tried contacting them and all we've been able to get is that they are not going to proceed.

It has definitely been a roller coaster of a day.  Which brings me to my last

UP: The kids and I are meeting their Oma in Orlando and are going to Sea World tomorrow.  Oh, and with Oma there, I will get to ride the coasters with my son.  Those are the kinds of ups and downs I like.

1 comment:

  1. That's a heck of a ride you had there! Congratulations on another sale.

    ReplyDelete