Thursday, July 26, 2012

What just happened?

The last couple days have been rather hectic in my household.  I've been going in to the office more lately to meet with various people who are trying to help me learn how to use the systems they have to my advantage (I'm all for that).  I've also spent a few hours on the accounting job I got recently.

Yesterday, we spent a few hours with my Aunt and her boyfriend as they made final preparations to move from Florida to California.  We ended up coming home with a few things they couldn't take with them and went back today for a few more things we couldn't fit in the first trip.  Rather than sleeping on a double mattress on the floor, we now have a queen size mattress and box spring on a frame.  We're too tired to unload it tonight, but I'm looking forwarding to an excellent night's sleep tomorrow.

This morning we got up very early so that we could pick up a wall unit that someone had listed on Freecycle.  We've been looking for something like this and hubby had found something a week ago for $100 but it was just a little bit too tall (our ceilings are kinda low).   This is such a blessing not only because it fits the space and our needs, but it cost us nothing but time.  I really need the space it offers so that I can be more organized while working from home so I can't wait to get it all set up. 

Top all of this off with the fact that today I got to meet my first clients!  I took them to see two possible homes.  Although they don't want to purchase either of them, they want to look at another house in the same neighborhood as one of the houses we saw as soon as we can get in (it's being painted right now).

Oh, and Sunday afternoon I'm doing an open house for a $1.2M house that is just GORGEOUS!  Do I expect to sell the house?  No, but I hope I get a few new clients from it.  At a minimum I will be able to get all kinds of ideas on how I would like to renovate our house.  It's a shame I can't move our house to a canal with an 80 foot dock.

2 comments:

  1. Busy is good. I hope you get sorted out soon and pick up a few new clients from the open house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to kick start you business. goodo on ya!

    ReplyDelete