Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lazy Me

I'm sorry I haven't been that communicative lately.  Needless to say things have been a bit hectic.  So here's what has kept me so busy:

1.  My parents visited for just over 2 weeks and we got all kinds of things done while they were here.  Among them, fixing a leak in our pool, cutting down and hauling away 6 or 7 trees, removing a couple sections of wooden fence that was starting to fall apart, preparing the area around the pool for my pineapple garden, and just doing some visiting (one of our favorite methods of relaxing was in the pool right after doing yard work - can you blame us?).


Dirty?  Nah!  Can you say pool time (after rinsing with the hose first)
2.  Starting my new career.  When my parents arrived, I was studying for and taking my real estate license test.  Since then I've been filling out paperwork and getting settled at the office.  I think I will be ready to take calls and emails the middle of next week.  Yay!

3.  I've been trying to organize the house more, so that it will run a little more smoothly in my absence.  I've also been showing hubby how to do some things that I usually do (like grocery shop using coupons).

4.  I made these poor man's curtains.  The blinds that were here before were cracked and would not open correctly, so I made these curtains out of table cloths found at the local ReStore.  I added mattress covers to the back to make them a little thicker.  With the thread, costs were less than $7.



5.  We had to move our business bank account (again), because the new bank started charging us fees (you know the reason we moved from the last bank).  I'm loving the new bank (a credit union actually) so we may move our personal accounts there soon too.

6.  We've also been busy shuttling the kittens around.  Saturday and Sunday they go to a pet store that is about 30 minutes away so that they can be seen and possibly adopted.  One of the kittens also got hurt and has required a couple trips to the vet.  None have been adopted yet, but a couple of them have gotten some attention so I think it's a matter of time.

2 comments: