Monday, July 9, 2012

His Eye Is On the Sparrow

Have you heard of the song "His Eye On the Sparrow"?  It talks about how God watches out for little sparrows.  If God takes care of sparrows, then how much more will He take care of His people?  Well, I've gotten to experience that care recently.  As my regular readers are aware, due to circumstances beyond our control I have had to look for work recently. 

I decided to go into real estate because it gives me some flexibility with my schedule.  The down side is that it will take a while to start bringing in some money.  The good news is that I passed the state test last week and now I'm just waiting to finalize paperwork with my new employer so that I can start working.

Needless to say, the though of no income for a few more months is a scary prospect.  I know God will provide, but not knowing how is a bit disconcerting for the planner in me.  Well, a few days ago, I saw a post on Facebook for someone who was looking for a part-time bookkeeper who is familiar with an accounting program that I've been using for 8 years.  A program that I've been wanting to get away from for over a year (the irony was not lost on me).  I contacted them on Friday and found out on Sunday that they had picked me!  I will only be doing about 5 - 10 hours a week for them, but I have 6 months of work to help them catch up on first and they want it done in the next few weeks.  That means income in the very near future.  Yay!

You can't tell me the Lord doesn't look out for His children, cause He's certainly looking out for me and my family.

1 comment: