Thursday, July 12, 2012

Overload

Today I went into the real estate office where I'm going to work to speak to the broker who is going to be responsible for my actions.  Makes sense to me that he would want to meet me before agreeing to be responsible for me.  I was told the meeting would be about 30 minutes or so.  He would talk to me, ask me a few questions, and then I would have a few papers to fill out to get my license activated.

Needless to say, it didn't go quite like that.  I did talk to the broker for 30 minutes, but then he brought in an HR guy to go over the paperwork with me.  I didn't leave the office for 2 more hours after that.  Near the end of the paper signing I know I had a glazed over look in my eye (I was told I did).  Part of it was that I was anticipating a 30 minute meeting and the other part was that my daughter had a playdate scheduled which I got home 1 hour late for.  Thanks Mom for covering for me.

Now that the playdate is over, I've had a little time to contemplate all that was discussed during the 2.5 hours of meetings today.  My life is about to change!  In a big way.  I'm about to get busier.  I'm about to learn lots of new things.  And it's going to require an outlay of money on my part, but hopefully I will be making some money soon too. 

All of this is exciting (I get to act like an adult again), and a little scary (I HAVE to act like an adult again). 

Right now, I think I'm just going to relax and spend some time with my kids.  You know before my life gets even more hectic.

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling. If anyone can figure it all out, I know it's you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete