Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rockin' It

Have you ever had one of those days where you felt like your wheels were spinning and you were just getting nowhere?  Yeah, me too.  In fact, it seems like I've had a lot of them lately.

Today however was not one of those days.  Today, I had a great day.  Don't get my wrong, I was busy, but I felt like I accomplished a lot of things.  I made contact with a new client who seems very serious about buying soon (yay!).  I worked on organizing the accounting work I've just started working on. 

And the thing that made my day... spending time with each of my kids.  I helped my daughter work on a lapbook we put aside a long time ago.  And my son and I spent some time reading about the history of robots.  And of course I had to see his most recent computer program in action.

Today I realized two things about myself:

1. I like to work under pressure and
2. There is no greater feeling of accomplishment than spending time with my kids (even if it means something else gets put off till after they are in bed).  After all, who doesn't like it when their kids tell them "You rock!"

1 comment:

  1. That was a great day my friend! I'm glad you had the experience and the moment of grattitude for it. :)

    P.S., You are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete