Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sinking In

What. did. we. just. do?

Yep.  It's starting to sink in that we just bought a house that needs some work.  Don't get me wrong, I like doing the work.  It's a bit of bonding time for hubby and me, and I'm finding that our kids like it too.  In fact, I had trouble finding things for them to do today while we were there (it was our first trip there since buying it and we still don't have many tools and such there).

I think what I'm finally realizing is the enormity of all we have to do.  I've worked up a list of things we want to get done (some before we move in and some at some point in the future).  I'm also realizing all that we have to do to get out of the house we're in too.

I'm definitely realizing how important it will be to spend the night on occasion.  That's why I just ordered our Internet service.  What computer guy can spend time away from the Internet for very long?  Doesn't hurt that it's FIOS (For those of you who know my hubby, you know how excited he was when he found out we could get FIOS).  We've also bit the bullet and gotten cable TV.  Among other things, we will be getting local channels (for me), Animal Planet (for daughter), and Science channel (for hubby and son). 

This is the first time we've paid for TV service in almost 2 years so it's definitely a treat.  What's amazing is that FAST Internet, cable, and phone at our new house is cheaper than just moderately fast Internet at our current house.  Gotta love competition's effect on pricing.  Now all we need is a good TV  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment