Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rising Stars

Be honest... have you ever thought it would be cool to be able to say "I knew ____ before they became famous"?  Have you ever daydreamed about who you know that might "make it big" one day?  I have.  And I can say, I know some rising stars.

Years ago, I babysat for a family who's oldest son is now the lead singer of a band that is considered to be up and coming.  His band has been on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Early Show, and Rachel Ray among a few others.  They have also been the opening act for Switchfoot (a rock band for those of you who don't know).  I will be honest, rock music is not my thing so I don't listen to them, but hey, to each his own.

That said, the rising stars I am most proud to know are some women I met shortly after moving to Florida.  They are the co-founders of the group where my children take their Lego class.  They also have a heart for children and families and are in the process of writing a book on the topic.  This morning, I attended the first part of a five part workshop they are hosting and I am so happy I went.  Not only did I take away some very useful techniques (which I've already started to implement), but I got to watch them in action.  I can guarantee you, these two ladies will be impacting families and children in a HUGE way!  If you want to follow them they have a blog at www.powerlaunch.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment