Monday, March 12, 2012

Nerves on Edge - No More

I don't know about you, but when my patience is being tried in one area, it puts the rest of me on edge.  Friday, I got a message from the bank saying they were putting a contingency on our loan approval for the house.  Unfortunately, we found out too late to get them the documentation before they all left for the day.  That meant we knew we would be waiting till at least Monday some time.

I am an extreme planner.  I make lists with sub-lists, and I like to plan trips at least a week in advance.  It gives me control and allows me to make sure I don't forget any of the little details.  I would have liked to have known a week ago that our loan had gone through underwriting and we'd been approved for the loan;  that all we were waiting for was signing all those stacks, and stacks, and stacks of papers. 

In order for my husband to get uninterrupted work, he tends to work at night and sleep during the day.  The current house is not arranged particularly well for this.  His bedroom shares a wall with one of the kids bedrooms and our bedroom happens to be at the end of a hall with tile floors (can you say echos and acoustics).  The new house however, will be perfect.  Perhaps that's part of my I'm so on edge.  I see how the new house will make our my life so much easier.  The last two days however, the kids seem to be getting on every last nerve.  They've been loud and have woken up their father on multiple occasions. Unhappy Daddy = Mommy feeling like a failure = Mommy unhappy and on edge.

When I feel particularly on edge, I remind myself of Jeremiah 29:11:
     "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to 
     harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Praise God, He is on my side!  No matter what happens, it's in my families best interest
Don't you feel that?  Peace.  Sweet peace.

UPDATE:

The wait is over.  Just heard back from the bank and we've been approved!  Closing is set for tomorrow at 4PM.  God is good and faithful, even to little ol' me.

1 comment:

  1. There is no question that I am similar to you in the planning and getting on edge when I am unable to plan. I have found a new tool for that too that I've fallen in love with (workflowy.com). I will keep you all in my thoughts. Love the verse.

    ReplyDelete