Friday, March 9, 2012

A Day of Gratitude

Today, the kids and I went to Legoland.  This is our second trip to Legoland and it also happened to be a trip that I coordinated for 160+ people.  The day gave me many things to be grateful for.  My list in handy bullet form:

Lined up to enter the park
  • The drive time to the park went perfectly and I was able to get there a few minutes before I intended.
  • I had a few helpers holding signs, helping sign people in, and getting everyone lined up to enter the park while I was dealing with other last minute things.  Thank you everyone for your help.  It was invaluable!
  • We entered the park only 5 minutes late and not even due to anything we did (I'd heard of another group that got in 1 hour late).
  • My kids and I had some wonderful friends to hang out with during the day.  Not only did my daughter and her best friend get to spend time together, but I got to know her mom better.  The mom was also kind enough to watch my daughter while I took my son on 2 coasters my daughter didn't want to ride.
Besties
  • For the first time, my daughter enjoyed a coaster.  I'm not sure if it was because her best friend wanted to go (her first coaster ride ever, by the way) or if she's just outgrown her fear, but in the month since we went last time, she did a 180 and LOVED the coaster she hated last time.  She even went on it twice!
My son's favorite coaster
  • I'm also thankful that we we able to avoid a wreck on our way home.  Someone cut across our lane and I slammed on the brakes and stopped maybe 2 feet from hitting them.  Small car = fast break time.  If that had happened in our truck I would have hit them.
  • And one thing that brings tears to my eyes as I write it...My husband was supposed to come with us but had to cancel at the last minute (our fridge/ freezer stopped working correctly last night so he stayed behind to work on it).  He was going to take my son on all the rides while I had my daughter.  Although my son and I were able to ride a few coasters, I know he would have liked to do more, but he didn't whine or fuss about it.  He just sucked it up and dealt with it.  It was so awesome to see him acting so mature (yes I talked to him about it - and without tearing up too).

1 comment:

  1. So nice that K had a friend and enjoyed rides and how grown up of J to handle it well. I'm pretty happy to hear about the wreck avoidance too. :)

    ReplyDelete