Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yep, I'm THAT Mom

At least I'm sure that's what the nurse at my kids new pediatrician is thinking right now.  You see, I've called their office 3 times today trying to find out test results for a sample taken yesterday around lunch.

They would be too if they were dealing with the circumstances that I am right now.
  1. I KNOW my daughter has an infection (she's had 4 of them in the last 6 months so I know the signs).  
  2. We are leaving town soon and I want her to be on the antibiotics for a while before we go.  
  3. My daughter is experiencing excruciating pain and watching her go through that makes me want to cry.  Her screaming from the pain was so bad today at the store that an employee checked on us to make sure we were ok.  (I think she was making sure I wasn't beating my child, but I can appreciate that.)
All I know is that I have conquered.  She does have an infection and they were waiting for the cultures to come back.  Rather than make her wait for those to determine which antibiotic to give her, they are just going to give her something a bit more aggressive which considering she's had the "easy" antibiotic for previous bouts is probably a good thing.

This is one Mom who is happy to be known as the pest.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your daughter. I would be a pest too! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete