Monday, October 3, 2011

Got Stalkers? I do.

Yep.  I have people following me.  Today I took my kids out to run some errands.  I noticed lots of people looking our way.   I figured that people were intrigued by our car.  The sales guy from the dealership said to expect people to ask us about it, so I figured whatever.  No one actually said anything, so I figured maybe that part was just hype.



Well, it's not.  Tonight I took my daughter to swim lessons and as I was getting out of the car I was asked (politely) by someone if they could look at my car.  I quickly remember that I had been given a stack of business cards from the sales guy so I grabbed one.  (You see we were told that if someone walks into the dealership with a business card with one of our names on it and ends up buying a car, we would get a $100 check sent to us.  They said that one guy had his car payment covered one month.  So, why not right?)  Luckily, I had given us a little buffer time or we would have gotten to her class late.



On the way home from the swim class, I was sitting at a stop light and looked in the rear view mirror to notice an iPhone staring back at me.  Yep.  Someone was taking a picture or video of the back of my car (not it's finest feature I might add). 



Not only that, but when I turned down the street to get to my house, they followed me.  As they passed me backing into my driveway I watched them crane their neck and slow down to get a better look.  Being that there are lots of houses down my street (and it's a through street),  I have no way of knowing if they turned just to see the car or if they were going to make the turn anyway.

All I know is that I now need to give myself more time when I go places, and I need to make sure I have business cards on hand and easily accessible at all times.  Oh, and a sense of humor with this is going to be a MUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment