Monday, October 17, 2011

My Little Bit of Random

I have been so busy the last week or so (and I don't see it letting up in the near future), so rather than deprive you of my blogging, I will just give you a few random thoughts that have come to mind lately.

  • Driving into Fort Lauderdale the other day I noticed on those DMV signs that there was a "silver alert."  First thing that came to mind: Do they do that when an older person goes missing?
  • I will not go into details, but after the birth of our daughter, hubby and I decided that it was best if I not have children anymore.  For the longest time, I was completely OK with that.  After holding my nephew the other day, I had a little bit of regret (until I thought of the sleepless nights and the frantic days with the 2 children I already have).
  • I have always loved the changing of the leaves in the fall.  I had forgotten though that they don't like me.  I can't stand fall allergies.
  • Coming back to Virginia in the fall is certainly helping me appreciate the warmer weather in Florida.  It's funny, we're driving around looking at people in VA who are wearing shorts and t-shirts and we think they must be crazy.  After our trip to VA, we're pretty sure we're going to be doing the same thing in Florida in December (because we can) and will probably have people looking at us like we're nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I think I missed out on having another child, but it doesn't seem to be in the plans. I feel that pang just about every time I see a new one, especially, or realize how big E is. But, I focus on how grateful I am for the blessing she is. The silver alert is hilarious. ~J

    ReplyDelete