Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Joy

I think it's safe to say that everyone in the family had a wonderful weekend. On Friday, my younger brother went skydiving for the second time.  What made this special was that even though he was diving tandem (attached to someone else) he's been working as a parachute packer for long enough that the dive instructor let him track the altimeter and determine when to open the chute.  It was also special because he ended up diving through hail.  Not something he chose to do mind you, but certainly something many people can't claim to have done.  As proof, he's looked like he has measles ever since (it is going away slowly though). 

My father, husband, and son had a blast attending a robot competition on Saturday. Not only were they able to watch the competition, but my son was able to drive a small robot for a while and they were also able to talk to some of the competitors about the work they did.  They even found out that my son can join a team in 2 years (he's VERY excited)!


My mom, daughter and I had a good time while the guys were gone on Saturday playing games, going to the book store (my daughter LOVES books), and McDonald's playground. I also learned that my daughter likes to help in the kitchen with more than just baked goods.  Bonus to that: she tasted a food she's refused in the past because she helped make it. Score 1 for Mommy!

Today, the weather started out a bit gloomy and colder, but by mid-afternoon things had warmed up a bit.  Hubby ended up working on the camper and the kids spent hours outside playing with a homemade parachute (inspired by their uncle of course).  Tomorrow's weather looks like it will be even better, so I'm sure we will be out there with the parachutes and working on the camper yet again.  And I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment