Monday, April 18, 2011

Out of the Nest

This weekend has been filled with pride and joy, but seeing my babies spread their wings has been bitter-sweet.  You see, over the last 4 days, both of my kids have learned to ride their bikes without training wheels!  My son has turned into a speed demon.  My daughter is still a bit tentative, but I don't see that lasting for more than a week. 

Besides the joy of watching my children reach this milestone, I also got to watch my husband teach them to ride a bike in a way I'd never heard of before.  I had made a feeble attempt to get them to ride in the yard.  After running into a swing, a tree stump, and some plants, hubby came to the rescue.  He took my son to the cul de sac in front of the house and used a variation on a method he used when he was a kid.

It worked like a charm.  My son was riding like a pro in only 2 hours and after only 4 hours my daughter is now riding for up to 20 seconds at time. 
 Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks for sharing that milestone. Weren't J and K just born? Like last month?

    ReplyDelete