Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I think it's safe to say it's official... I have decided to homeschool again next year.  Yes, I debated it.  You see, I like having some time to myself and since I've started homeschooling I haven't really gotten much of that.  In fact, I haven't been able to get to the gym in about a year (which I REALLY miss).

I've also been talking with my husband and he would like me to continue to teach the kids and he's even agreed to watch the kids more so I can get more alone time.  We're both of the opinion that I can do as good a job, if not better, than the school system (especially since I can give one-on-one attention and I also know the way my children learn best).  I also don't HAVE to work to make money.  If I had the kids in school all day, I'd be BORED out of my mind, so... 


I'm also wondering if part of the reason I'm willing to do this is because it gives me a greater opportunity to prove my organizing abilities.  This last year was kind of a seat-of-the-pants kind of thing.  Next year, I'm going to be ON TOP of things.  I've already begun to get all my curriculum together so I can start planning as soon as we're done with "this year." 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making the decision. Sometimes that's the hardest part. I'll be interested in seeing how you go about it.

    ReplyDelete