Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Countdown has Begun

If things go according to plan, we will be leaving Northern Virginia on Friday afternoon.  We have a few more things to do but we're confident we can get them done before we leave.

Our trip is starting out pretty low key.  We will visit family in Southern Virginia for Easter weekend and then we will proceed to Florida.  This trip is exciting for numerous reasons.  1.  It means the next stage of our lives is beginning.  Hopefully, the life of being a nomad is about over.  2.  We are going to be heading South, which means we will get to be warm even first thing in the morning.  My kids and I love being outside and being South will allow that to happen more.  Hubby has been complaining about VA temps for YEARS.  In fact, he wears flannel till the temps go over 70 or 80 degrees.  Perhaps now, I will see him in flannel less and maybe even shorts on occasion (that doesn't happen unless the temps are over 90).  And 3.  We have booked a campsite in Florida near Kennedy Space Center which will allow us to see the shuttle launch without having to steak a claim somewhere hours before the launch.

Just like the shuttle, we've had a few delays of our own.  In fact we found an issue last night, but it can be overcome.  I'm going to miss Northern Virginia, because it's where I've spent almost all of my life.  It's where most of my friends still live.  But I've found that those times that I've gone out of my comfort zone have been tough at first, but well worth the leap of faith.  So T- minus 65 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment