Monday, February 21, 2011

Warm Weather = Progress

Here in Northern Virginia the weather the last week has been quite nice.  This has made it so hubby and I have been spending quite a bit of time working on the camper.  Granted we have all the incentive in the world right now to get things done.  You see, there is snow expected tonight as well as the record breaking temps of the last few days are going to be a thing of the past. 

Our goal right now is to try to leave this coming weekend.  I'm not sure if we will be ready to leave this weekend, but I think we will be able to leave sometime early next week. 


Part of me is excited, and part of me is a bit nervous.  I'm looking forward to being in "our" house.  I'm not looking forward to driving the camper from place to place.  You see, the length of the truck and the camper combined is going to be 40 ft.  We're going to have to stop at truck stops for gas and food.  We're also going to have to plan any trips off the highway carefully so we don't get stuck in a position where it's hard to turn around.

We did find out that Google map on our iPad is AWESOME and allows us to scope out our route.  We were a bit worried that our truck didn't have a GPS when we first got it, but to be honest, we like the iPad better.  Considering there are many other people traveling with a travel trailer, I'm sure we will find other things along the way that will help us get around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment