Friday, February 11, 2011

Time flies

Today is my son's 7th birthday.  It's hard to believe that 7 years ago today our lives changed for ever!  Every year on his birthday I relive the day like it was yesterday.  What memories!

That day is also memorable to my husband and me because it was also the birth of his business.  While I was in labor, he had a business meeting that set in motion a business that has allowed my husband to work from home for the last 7 years (Don't worry, I told him to go.  I WANTED him to go.  You see, with every contraction he gave me this look and after a while it got on my last nerve!).  Seven years later, the company is in the process of closing, but it has been a wonderful opportunity for me to see first hand just the kind of man he is.  I believe it's also allowed him to be around in a way that many father's never have the opportunity.

As enjoyable as having my husband home for the last 7 years has been, the last 7 years with my son have been spectacular!  It has been such a wonderful experience to see him grow and learn (and teach me a few things as well).  And more recently to be his "teacher" has magnified that.

I'm excited to see what happens over the next 7 years, but I certainly don't want to rush them.

1 comment:

  1. I can still recall with perfect clarity how soft his cheeks were!! Happy birthday to J.

    ReplyDelete