Friday, February 4, 2011

A tribute to Mom!

Today is my birthday.  Yes, I admitted it.  In fact, I am willing to shout it from the mountain tops!  Why?  Not because I am OK with being a year older (I am though), but because I want to take this opportunity to pay tribute to my mom.  

You see, some years ago I realized that birthday's are celebrated all wrong.  Afterall, I didn't really DO anything on my birthday.  My mom was the one who did all the work (ok, maybe the doctors and nurses helped a bit), but all I did was show up.  That's why for the last few years, I have given my mother a gift on my birthday.  This year, she is in Florida visiting with her mom, but she will be back in a few days (Being that she will probably read this I am not going to say what I'm giving her when she returns).

What I do want to share with you is what my mom has taught me over the last ___ years (I'm ok with being older but that doesn't mean I have to tell you all how old I am).  My mom has been a wonderful example of kindness; she is always willing to help others.  She is also a very caring person; she has always shown genuine concern for others even if she doesn't know them well or at all.  And over the last few years she has showed me what tenacity is all about.

So, on this my birthday, I want to tell my mom that I love her and appreciate all she's done for me and all I've been able to learn from her!

1 comment:

  1. Karrie - this is nice. Your Mom has always been a beacon of kindness in my mind. Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete