Sunday, February 27, 2011

Normal

Today the kids and I are home for the 3rd day in a row.  I know I've done this before, but when it's not by choice it becomes old and annoying very quickly.  I've lived on a mountain where the snow stranded us for 4 days or more at a time.  That was annoying, but I think more annoying than that, is being stranded when the weather is not the reason.  You see, my daughter is not feeling well right now so we are stuck at home till she feels better.

As I sit here, I keep thinking that it would be nice if things were back to "normal."  But even that normal will not last for long.  In fact, we hope to be ready to leave Virginia in the next week or so.  Then we will have to create a new normal for ourselves.  I'm kind of looking forward to that, but I'm also wishing that our new normal would be a bit more permanent. 

I realize there is nothing normal about my life right now.  At this point, I'll just be happy if I can leave the house tomorrow to get a few errands done that have been waiting for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hope she is better soon. I, too, am stuck at home. Beautiful day. Sun shining, but I have 2 home with fevers.

    ReplyDelete