Monday, December 12, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Amazon

This year seems to be turning out to be an Amazon kind of Christmas, and I don't mean that I've been doing a lot of shopping on Amazon.  Don't get me wrong, I have done some, but I would have to say that 60 - 70 % of the gifts the kids are getting from family members are coming from Amazon.  I've found that to be good and bad:

      Good                                                                                   
  • I used Amazon to send links to family members of some of the things the kids wanted
  • I was able to catch a duplicate order (different family members just happened to order the same thing even though it was not specified - what are the odds?)
      Bad
  • Unless told by family members, I don't know what to expect and when.  Trying to hide incoming packages can be a bit hard under these circumstances.
  • I feel like I've been wrapping for ages and I didn't even buy everything I'm wrapping!  I'm going to have to buy more wrapping paper so that I can finish everything too.
Amazon certainly has a large variety of items at a good price.  I'm seriously thinking of using them a little more next year to purchase gifts for the family.  I may spring for the gift wrap when available though. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't wrap presents, so that's not an issue for me. I use gift bags or gift boxes so I can use them from year to year and save the landfills all that non-degradable paper. I have become almost 90% online shopping. Each year, more comes from the Internet. It just saves me so much time and allows for more enjoyment of the season. ~J

    ReplyDelete