Saturday, December 31, 2011

Setting Goals

The last couple years I have decided not to come up with resolutions.  I rationalized this decision because "I don't need to set goals once a year just because someone else says I should."

This year I am breaking from my tradition of rebellion.  Today, I am going to let my readers know a few  goals I have decided to set recently.  I am not setting these goals because everyone sets goals for the new year.  I am merely sharing goals I've already come up with because I know myself and I know that if I don't put it on paper (and maybe more importantly let others know about it), that I'm less likely to achieve them.  So here goes:

  • I am going to make a concerted effort to read my Bible every day.  I've actually been doing this for a couple months, but like I said, putting it out there for others to see makes me more likely to complete it.  In fact, I'm hoping to finish reading the Bible one year from when I started it.
  • I am going to do a better job of facilitating my children's learning. 
  • I am going to master the art of grocery shopping in such a way that I spend as little as possible.
  • I am going to procrastinate less (especially as it relates to housework). 
  • I am going to be more consistent enforcing the rules with my children. 
  • I am going to exercise more.
Feel free to ask me how I'm doing with my goals on occasion.  Please help me achieve my goals.

1 comment: