Saturday, December 24, 2011

Growing Up Too Fast

My kids have been known for their reluctance for going to church.  The last few weeks at church the kids have willingly walked into their class without any complaints.  In fact, my daughter has been eager to go to her class.  Neither of them has made any friends (at least they can't tell me the names of any), but they are enjoying the class and are learning things, so I am happy.

Last week when we went to pick up the kids from their class, the teacher gave us the "I want to talk to you look" as we were walking up.  All parents know that look.  I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Uh-oh!  Did one of them have an issue after we left?

We were actually told that our kids separated for a portion of the class (for the first time).  I guess, during part of the class, they separate into different groups based on their grade level.  The teacher asked my son what grade he was in (as the teacher said, "because he is SO smart that he didn't think he should be with the youngest group").  My son told the teacher he was in 3rd grade (for some reason my son remembers me telling him he's in 3rd grade).  If we were to base his grade on the standards the school system would use, he's in 2nd grade.  What I find interesting is that the teacher believed him!  I know he's tall for his age, and I know he's pretty smart, but for someone to believe he's one year older than he is...

It just means he's growing up WAY too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment