Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ewwww.... Gross!!!

My kids LOVE the library.  As of late, my kids have been particularly interested in these 5" video players that our library has.  The library recently changed their policy on checking them out so they are now due back weekly.  I got my reminder email letting me know that they are due back tomorrow.

After returning from class today, we started to look for them.  After at least an hour without success finding one of the players, Jon started in the search as well.  The kids have been doing lots of things with paper (paper airplanes, paper mache, and creating animals using paper and tape) so we began by cleaning all of that.  We ended up with a kitchen trash bag full of papers that were no longer deemed worthy of keeping.  After that proved unfruitful, we started to look under furniture.

The amount of K'nex under the love seat was astonishing.  We then moved to the couch and found not only K'nex, but dog treats.  Umm... we don't have a dog.  Can you say, ewwww!  Before we moved into the house, the property management company had the house cleaned.  I guess they didn't move the couch.

Oh, about 3 hours after the kids and I began our search, the player was found... on the underside my daughter's mattress.  Not just under it, but between the mattress and the fitted sheet.  Exactly how that happened we don't know.

All I know is that after seeing what was left under that couch, I continued to vacuum the rest of the house (being sure to move as many pieces of furniture as possible).  I'm feeling much less grossed out now.  Tomorrow... bathrooms.   And my house will be completely clean.

1 comment:

  1. So much for the property mgmt company doing a proper job. Glad you all finally found the players. -J

    ReplyDelete