Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oops! I did it again

What you ask?  I had iced tea late in the evening with dinner.  And surprise, surprise... it kept me up late.  In fact I was up til 6AM finishing yet another excellent book.

This morning after 3 hours of sleep I reflected on my problem with iced tea and remembered another night when I had iced tea late in the day and had no problems going to sleep.  I then remembered that the book I was reading at the time was not nearly as interesting as the book I was reading this time.

Perhaps the iced tea is not what keeps me awake, but rather it allows me to stay awake longer when I'm already engrossed in something?  Whatever the case, I will be consuming copious amounts of caffeine today in an attempt to stay awake all day, but I will not be drinking it very late in the day (just in case).

For those of you interested... the book was "Pride and Prejudice."  It was the first time I actually read the book (sacrilege that I should have waited this long I know;  but I can say, it will most likely not be the last).

No comments:

Post a Comment