Saturday, June 4, 2011

Appologies from one Busy Momma

I just realized it's been almost one week since I posted anything.  I'm sorry!  We were initially going to stay in Tampa for 2 weeks.  Shortly after arriving, we decided to cut it to just over one week.  So all the things we wanted to spread out over two weeks, have been crammed into one week.  Psheew!

This week, we have gone to a zoo (this penguin was born on my son's birthday),


St. Petersburg Pier,


Tarpon Springs,


Clearwater Beach,


and the Museum of Science and Innovation.


Right before leaving the East coast of Florida we were told that one of our propane tanks would not fill.  So while in Tampa, we also decided we would deal with that problem.  Many phone calls, many detours, a flaky tank inspector, and $20 later, we are happy to say that not only is the tank fixed but we can now legally have both of our tanks filled for another 5 years (apparently they were both "expired").

Today was a bit more relaxing... I got to do some shopping for next week.  Monday, we are going to Sanibel Island for a week.  There is a toll bridge to get to the island so we would like to stay on the island as much as possible.  I've done some research and food costs about 1.5 times what it does inland so I'm doing my best to stock us up for the week so we don't have to buy much there.  Kind of hard to do with limited space, but where there's a will, there's a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment