Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

Last night the family went out to dinner.  It had been a long time since the 4 of us had gone out to dinner and I was looking forward to it.  The food was good as was the company.  The only problem was that I made a mistake.  Not something I do often.  OK, so maybe I just don't admit to it often, but I admit it this time.  More on the details of the mistake later.

Normally when I go to bed, I read for about 15 - 30 minutes and then I turn the light off and crash hard.  That didn't happen last night.  Right after I put down a 300+ page book that I started and finished last night (and early this morning) it came to me.  The reason I was having trouble sleeping was the tea I'd had with dinner.  You see, I know better.  I went to a coffee shop around 2PM yesterday and made sure to order decaff, so it's not like it hadn't been on my mind earlier in the day.  I just spaced it out.

The good news is that I'd had the book on hold for 2 weeks at the library and I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it before we head South.  Not an issue now.  The bad news, is that now I'm trying to go about my day on about 4.5 hours of sleep. 

Have you done anything like this before? 

"The difference between greatness and mediocrity is often how an individual views a mistake." --Nelson Boswell

1 comment:

  1. I have done this exact thing more often than I can't even count. Reading a good book is a treasure. Loved the quote.

    ReplyDelete