Monday, March 7, 2011

Almost Ready - We think

Well, it looks like we are about a week away from having the camper ready for our trip South.  I think we have now dealt with all the recent problems we've discovered with the main systems (water, heat, AC, etc) and are now just down to working on those things that will make living in less than 400 sq ft for the foreseeable future a bit more comfortable.

I'm excited because we are about to embark on an adventure.  I'm a bit scared because we're about to embark on an adventure.  I'm a planner and I like to know what I'm getting myself into.  I don't know anyone who's done what we are about to do.  I've tried researching ideas on how to organize the camper so we can sleep, eat, teach, and work from it, but I haven't been able to come up with anything.  I'm also stressing a bit over the fact that we will no longer have access to a library to check books and DVD's out once we are on the road (a staple so far while homeschooling).  Not only that, but gas prices are skyrocketing and I'm just watching our bills go up with each place we are thinking of driving to.  It's making me think our adventure will be a bit more subdued than originally planned.

Who knows, maybe I'll keep a journal of things learned and done while on our adventure and I'll write a book about it.  Perhaps we will be the beginning of a trend where people try to work while on the go in their camper.  I'm certainly hoping so, since we've made some modifications to the camper designed for that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment