Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where to Begin?

Someone mentioned to me the other day that I haven't posted much lately.  We've had so much going on, many of which are on a deadline.  Priorities being what they are, blog posts have been put on hold.  So what have we been up to over the last couple months?

  • A trip to Sea World with Grandma & Grandpa and a group of homeschoolers
  • Nerf party for my son's birthday  (turned out great, will try to do a separate blog about this later)
  • Girl Scout cookies sales (booth sales as well as walking through neighborhoods taking orders)
  • Field trip to Spanish Point where we learned about the Spanish settlers in Florida (goes really well with their Florida History class this year)
  • Spent a few hours at the Southwest FL Herritage Festival where we learned about the Florida pioneers (again, goes really well with their Florida History class this year)
  • Karate (My son decided he had better things to do than karate so he quit going the end of January.  My daughter quite the end of February for the same reason.)
  • Archery Lessons (these are weekly and have pretty much taken the place of the karate class).  The really cool thing about these is the entire family can go, so hubby's been able to take lessons a couple times and so have I.
  • Kittens.  We've been caring for a pregnant cat who was found wandering a nearby neighborhood. Last Saturday she had 6 kittens.  They are all doing well, but we are currently acclimating Mama and babies to the fact that people are friends and not foes. They are doing quite well but have their moments of mistrust (luckily no biting or scratching - just hissing so far). 
  • Lots of Showings and a few houses under contract. 
  • Real estate licensing. Many people don't know that working in real estate requires continuing education.  If you don't complete the re-certification course by a certain time every 2 years, your license is made inactive and you can no longer practice till it you complete the course.  Well, the end of March is that date for me.  Luckily I finished a couple days ago.  Very important that I did too or those contracts I mentioned above... I don't get the commission.  
  • Shift change.  A couple weeks ago, hubby was informed he would be moving from night shift to day shift for 4 - 6 weeks.  He just completed the first week of the day shift.  Considering my husband is a night owl, this shift has been hard on him physically.  It's also been hard on the family because now I don't have him home during the day to watch the kids if I have to head out for work.  Luckily, my parents and some friends have offered to help (and I've taken them up on it).  I've also been showing houses to fellow homeschoolers lately, so I've even brought my kids along to hand out with their kids.
  • Taxes.  I've barely started these and they are due April 15 of course.  I think I'll be getting money back but I'm not sure, so I have to at least get some basic numbers imputed so I know if the 15th is really my deadline.  Whatever the case, this will probably have me busy for the next couple weeks so I apologize in advance for going off the grid again.

1 comment:

  1. Being hectic is rather understandable to me, though I do like the updates. :) Hope you get the taxes done. We are randomly against the deadline this year too, just too busy to get time to focus on it of late.

    ReplyDelete