Thursday, October 11, 2012

Long Overdue

I am a list person.  I have been known to break down what some would put as one item into multiple items just so I could check off more items (think: wash laundry, fold laundry, put away laundry rather than just laundry).  Or maybe I do that because the clean laundry has been known to sit in the basket waiting to be folded and put away for a couple days.

I digress... I'm a list person.  And I LOVE to check things off.  That's why when I am finally able to check off something that's been on my list for a while I feel extra accomplished (I know that's not correct grammar or whatever, but I don't care).  The last couple days I've been able to check off some things I've been wanting to do for a while.  Some fun, some practical, and some absolutely necessary.

For example I baked cookies.  I LOVE cookies and have been craving some good homemade cookies for a while now.  It's a good thing I freeze most of the dough so we can have fresh cookies every couple days or they would probably all be gone by now (I made them yesterday). 

I also vacuumed and washed my car.  As a Realtor you have the potential to drive people around in your car.  My car is a bit small so unless I'm dealing with one person my clients tend to follow me around.  That doesn't mean my car wasn't in dire need of a good cleaning.  I have a white car and it was starting to turn a light brown.  And of course there are the hand prints from closing the trunk (you know the area my clients see when they follow me) that were really getting annoying.

And the one I am most (and least) proud of.  I cleaned my bathroom.  And I mean cleaned!  I even scrubbed the tile ceiling in the shower.  I am not going to share with you how long it's been, not because I think you would think less of me for telling you but because I honestly can't remember how long it's been.  Yes.  It's been THAT long. 

Needless to say this Realtor / homeschool mom thing still has a few kinks to work out.  We're making progress.  Hubby helps in the kitchen a lot now.  If only I could convince him he enjoys cleaning toilets too.

No comments:

Post a Comment