Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Off Hold

The last week it's felt like my life was on hold.  I admit it was self-imposed.  You see I had set a goal for myself that I wanted to complete something before the end of the weekend (yesterday) so I did everything in my power to make sure I did what I needed to accomplish that task.  Unfortunately, it meant some other things have not been taken care of as well as I would have liked.  Today I got to work on all of that.

So far today I've:
  • done laundry (lots of it), 
  • swept the house (I love having tile and pergo - no need to get the vacuum out all the time)
  • caught up on paying the bills
  • sent in paperwork to change our address for voter registration
  • made numerous phone calls I've been needing to make for a while
  • moved stuff from the camper to the house (we all start sleeping in the house beginning tonight).  All the noise from the wind and rain last night meant I hardly slept at all so I just decided tonight I would not endure it again.
  • listed to my daughter read to me (my favorite thing, I must admit)
On my list for the rest of today:

  • spot mop the kitchen and dining areas
  • get my grocery list together
  • make dinner
  • clean up some branches that fell on our driveway
  • research how to prop up our poor banana tree (it didn't like the wind and rain either)
  • and after the kids go to bed, I'm going to start working on my next big self-imposed, time-sucking goal.  It has a deadline of July 3 so it won't last too long.  It's completion will bring some definite changes for my family.  More to come on that soon  :-)
Now I'm off to work on my list.

1 comment:

  1. Good job getting some done and working on others. It is always so satisfying to cross something off the list.

    ReplyDelete