Sunday, January 15, 2012

On a Roll

Some of you may already know this, but years ago (before I met him), my husband was given the nickname MacGyver.  He was given this nickname because he carried a Swiss Army knife (a knock off technically) and was known to use duct tape to fix just about anything (this was in jr high mind you).

His ability to make or fix just about anything was one of the things that attracted me.  Today he showed more of that skill and prowess.  My son got a splinter in his toe and I could not get it out with tweezers.  Jon was called in to help and he tried his usual method (which involves using a pocket knife and your finger nail).  Unfortunately, the splinter was too short and he couldn't get it either.

The next thought was to use the stickiest tape we had.... duct tape of course!  On his way out to get some, he had another idea.  What about those pore strips that women use because they are stickier and would probably work better.  It just so happened that I had one, so we cut off a corner and attached it to the toe in question.   About 15 minutes later, the splinter was out enough (thanks to the pore strip) and I was able to get it out with a razor blade and my finger nail.

Today, Jon also gleefully came inside and said, "Karrie, Jason follow me to see something cool!"  Never ones to turn down the opportunity to see something cool, we followed.  The next thing I saw was VERY COOL!  He had written an app for the iPhone that does something really cool (not sharing details cause as far as we can tell there isn't another app like it, and it's something he might be able to sell after adding a few more features).  He was so excited he was shaking.  I don't think I've ever seen him so excited since he made his robot Bob (Bob Working).

Today was a great day!  It warms my heart to see him enjoying what he's doing and to be so happy.  I can only hope I get to see more days like today very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I hope this goes really well for you all. ~J

    ReplyDelete