Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Family Memories

I recently spent H.O.U.R.S. going through pictures we took last year in order to make a photo book for family (parents and grandparents).  It was a very time consumptive process.  I'm not sure how many pictures I went through, but my final sort meant I had to pick between 221 pictures (some of which I wasn't able to use).  Some of the choices were hard, but overall I had a good time.

After all, it allowed me to relieve all that we've done this last year.  I'd forgotten that we'd gone to the National Zoo one last time before leaving Virginia.  I'd forgotten that my brother did a science experiment with the kids and that reminded me that he also took them "on a date" to a movie.

I'm kind of hoping that this year is going to be a bit more calm and relaxed (after all, we shouldn't be traveling in a camper for 3 months straight).  I must admit though, that 2011 will be a year to remember.  We:

  •  Went on a cruise as a family, 
  •  Took the kids to Disney for the first time, 
  •  Lived in a camper for 3 month which allowed us to travel all around Florida including 5 zoos, 2 science museum, and 6 different beaches,
  •  Helped friends move from Ohio to Qatar,
  •  Became an Aunt / Uncle / First Cousin for the first time,
  •   Reconnected with friends and family we haven't seen in years, 
  •  Moved from Virginia to Florida, and
  • Made some new friends for life.
Now that the paper photo book is done, I'm going to work on learning how to do digital scrap booking.  That way I can include videos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment