Friday, July 18, 2014

Becoming a Dog Person

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a cat person.  Don't get me wrong, I like all furry animals (with a few exceptions), but give me a cat any day.

The last couple days I've been rethinking that.  A few days ago my daughter realized that one of the kittens had worms.  Yuck!  That meant we had to treat them all.  So I gave 12 doses of medicine to 10 cats (a couple of the cats in the house are so heavy they needed an extra 1/2 tablet).  Let me say, giving cats pills is NOT easy.

We are also having to do a serious flea treatment of all the cats (they keep bringing them back from the pet store every time we take them to be adopted).  For some that means meds but for the 6 little ones that means using a flea comb on each of them as often as I have the time.

And this morning I spent almost an hour dumping, scrubbing, and refilling litter boxes (had to get rid of the litter left from the de-worming pills).  I hate cleaning my own bathroom so cleaning the bathroom of 10 cats is just way gross to me.

I realize that dogs can get worms and fleas and may need to go through some of these same things, but at least they don't have a litter box.  So that is the one positive thing about cats.

If nothing else, I think it's safe to say, I am SO over fostering cats right now.  Once these leave I will dance and rejoice and will NOT be suckered into doing it again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment