Thursday, February 20, 2014

I've Been Schooled

I admit it.  My work schedule has made it difficult for me to be as consistent as I should be when it comes to chores and my kids.  It's kind of ironic really.  Getting my kids to do their chores means I have less work to do around the house, so you think I'd prefer that to doing it all myself.  For some reason though, I found I've just been letting it slide.  Not only has it been getting on my last nerve, but hubby wasn't all that happy about it either.

So a couple days ago hubby and I had a talk (with each other) and the next day we presented our unified front on what our expectations are for the kids and their chores.  Yes, I'm having to spend a little more time making sure they get things done correctly, however I know in the long-run it will make my life easier and it will also make them more prepared for adulthood.

Oh, and I learned something... all those times I was showing my kids how to do things and they were telling me they couldn't do it... they were pulling my leg.  Not only could they do the parts I thought they should have been able to do, they are also capable of doing stuff that I figured was too hard for them. 

I think it's safe to say, I was not giving my kids the credit they deserve.  No more!  My kids are smart, strong, and capable of whatever they put their mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment