Thursday, November 3, 2011

Excitement is in the Air

It's official... we are gardening.  And we are all pretty excited about it.

So far, we have:
  • planted our seeds (into starter greenhouses), 
  • begun the process of cleaning out the area where the garden will be,
  • measured the garden area for the raised planter that needs to be built,
  • and created a layout for where the different things will be planted.
The next thing on the list besides continuing to clean out the garden area is to plant my herb seeds into a pot and to transplant two pineapple plants into bigger pots.  To give you an idea of how monumental prepping the garden area is, the picture below was taken just after hubby took his weed whacker (with a metal cutting blade on it) to the area. 



The kids have been learning about recycling and composting lately so I'm also thinking we may need to do some composting too. I could really get into this whole gardening thing.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! This will be epic for the kids and all the learning that goes into this is just wonderful!! One of my absolute favorite memories as a child was a contest my grandfather had amongst all the grandchildren for who could grow the biggest sunflower seeds. He sent us all packets. My brother and I won (I think all the grandkids did actually) a $20 bill. So much fun. ~J

    ReplyDelete