Tuesday, January 21, 2014

They Grow Up SO Fast

As any parent can tell you, kids grow up so fast.  I can't believe my son is turning 10 in less than a month (mostly because I can't be old enough to have a 10 year old)!  And my daughter lost her first tooth (albeit late and with the help of a dentist).  My nephew is talking in full sentences and I've missed it (sniff).  But all of that is for another day, because today is about another big thing that's happened in our house.

After living with us for the last 7 months, my parents have been able to find a place of their own.  In fact, they spent their first night at their new place yesterday.

I'll be honest.  I'm happy they found a place.  Happy for them, because now they have their own space to do with as they like.  They no longer have to worry about whether we will approve of something.  I'm also happy for us because pretty soon we will be able to move my daughter into a bigger room.

At the same time, I'm a bit sad.  After all, it's been nice having my parents around.  I've had company when hubby was at work at night.  I've had an extra set of hands in the kitchen, cleaning, and running errands.  I've also had someone available to babysit pretty much at the drop of a hat.  And most importantly, my kids are going to missing having lots of time with their grandparents.  I didn't spend that much time with my grandparents because we lived so far from them, so 7 months of living in the same house gives them a relationship I'm happy for.

The good news is that their new place is only 4 miles (and about 10 minutes) from our house so it's not like they live states away as before so although they are not living in the same house as us, the close relationship can continue.

1 comment:

  1. It was a special time for me. Not many grandpa's get to see their grandkids every day like I did. We became friends and buddies. I too am glad we are only a few miles apart so we can continue to help out and stay "friends" and "popcorn buddies".

    ReplyDelete