Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Big Girl


This year my kids are taking karate together and my son gets to take robotics class from his father.  So in an attempt to keep things a little bit equal we decided our daughter could sign up for something on her own.  She decided to join a Girl Scout troop.  She already knew the leader and one of the girls pretty well, so that made it a little easier (for those that don't know, she's shy).  But there were some other things that drew her to the idea as well.

There's the uniform.

Doesn't she look proud?
The fun activities.


We got to make potato stamps = fun and easy

Making new friends.
Story / coloring time = only time they are quiet  ;-)

And earlier this week, my daughter had her first Girl Scout ceremony where she received her first badge.

1st badge earned = so excited she didn't stay still long enough for me to get a good picture.
It's a bit surreal, because it brings me back to my time in Girl Scouts.  And can I just say, remembering the pledge and songs... just like riding a bike  :-)
 
Oh, and consider this your notice.... my daughter will be taking cookie orders in January.  If you'd like some, she'd be happy to help you out.

1 comment:

  1. I was sad that E couldn't continue in Brownies this year. Her troop disbanded because a couple of people moved and then we just didn't have the cycles for more activities to join the other troop at her school. I hope K loves it as much as she did.

    ReplyDelete