Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Problem of My Own Creation

You know how yesterday I said I was really busy.  Well, today I realized that while I was so busy, I screwed something up.  I have a deal I'm working on right now that is VERY time sensitive.  As in, I had papers that were shipping to me for receipt today.   I have to sign them and send them out tonight for delivery tomorrow.

This morning when I tracked the package, it said it was undeliverable.  I did a little digging and I'd given the wrong zip code.  And guess what?  Rather than call the phone number listed on the express mail overnight package (um, that means urgent right?), the post office decided it was undeliverable and they were going to send it back to the sender.  ACK!

I tried calling the local post office multiple times and no one answered.  I called their toll free number and got stuck in their phone tree for 10 minutes.  Then I finally got in the customer service phone cue and decided to drive to the post office for the zip code it was mailed to, hoping that maybe it would still be there.

Moments before I got to the post office, a man picked up the phone and told me there was nothing he could do, and I should try to call the local post office.  Well, I'd tried that already and they never picked up, so I told him I was on my way there.  When I got to the post office, I told the gentleman at the counter what had happened.  He went into the back and about 3 minutes later came out front with my package.  Praise God!  He told me it was in a stack that was set to be picked up only 30 minutes after I got there.  Again, praise God!

So what did I learn?  I'm going to double and triple check addresses from now on.

1 comment: