Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Memory Lane

It was strange being in Virginia knowing that it would be the last time I would see the house I lived in for 15 years.  Walking around seeing the marks on the floor from when I wore my roller skates in the house.  Seeing the stains in the carpet from when we had a HUGE party for a family friend when he got back from Dessert Storm.

Although we were in Virginia to help my parents pack and get moved, I made sure to try to stop by a few places that I figured I wouldn't see again.  Among them (in no particular order):

Carousel Ice Cream Shop




The church where we got married (we happened to drive by on our 14th anniversary).



Wegman's (our favorite grocery store because it has great prices and awesome bread).

I also made a point to see some of our friends.  We went to our old church and saw a few friends there.  The kids and I got together with my matron of honor and her daughter.  We also got to see another set of friends, my hubby's grandparents, as well as my brother-in-law and his family.  Let me just say, my nephew is growing up WAY. TO. FAST. 

Of course we will go back to Virginia to visit family as long as they live there, but they don't live very close to our other friends.  The good news is that we live in Florida so if any of our friends find themselves down our way (we're only 2 hours from Disney folks), we'd love for you to swing by our house or we could even meet you.  Just give us a call in advance  ;-)

There was one place we wanted to try to see but didn't have time for and that was King's Dominion (an amusement park for those not familiar).  That was where hubby and I said goodby to each other the summer we met.  It was also where we went for our 1st and 2nd anniversary.  I guess the good news is that it's pretty close to where hubby's grandparents live, so perhaps we will find ourselves there at some point in the future.

1 comment: