Saturday, November 20, 2010

Venting

"Things will work out. God will not give me more than I can handle."  That has been my mantra for the last couple of days.  You know what?  Saying that over and over has helped, but so was lunch with a good friend of mine today.

On my way to lunch today, I was doing everything in my power to not cry.  While leaving the house, one of my children did everything they could to guilt me into staying home (let's just say there was lots of crying and pulling on me).  In addition to that, it seemed like all my families immediate travel plans were either being put on hold indefinitely or possibly worse - not going to happen at all. 

By the time I was done with lunch, I was feeling SO much better.  Have our travel plan issues been resolved?  No.  But being able to just talk things through with a good friend who really knows how I tick was just what I needed.

Lunch had been planned with my friend for days, but God knew exactly when I would need to see her.  Love you J.

1 comment:

  1. I needed the visit too my friend, I really did. Thanks for enduring the seperation challenges for it. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete