Monday, March 14, 2011

Scrambling

Hubby has set a departure date... Saturday, March 19.  Needless to say this has me scrambling a bit.  I'm frantically trying to make sure all paperwork that requires my physical presence to be completed, packing things for storage or in the camper, figuring out what other things we might need to make life on the road easier, and visiting one last time with friends and family... all while trying to keep things as normal as possible for the kids.

This has been quite the feat I must say, but things are going well so far.  The weather has turned warmer and dryer as of late which makes getting outside and doing things much easier.  The kids have also been a bit more cooperative, making errands a bit easier and faster.  Perhaps they realize that once we head South we will be able to visit beaches and some really cool museums and parks that we just don't have access to here. 

I think they are also getting a bit tired of the life of a nomad and they realize that although we will be living in a camper and driving across the country, this will ultimately put us one step closer to our ultimate goal of moving into a house (be it in Australia or somewhere in the US - but where it is warmer).

As much as I'd like to update you more, I should probably get working on my to do list, so that when Friday comes around I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment